Saturday, January 8, 2011

Slipper-y Slope

I have a slipper block. Everything else I knit, including socks, generally comes out fine. Slippers, not so much. The first ones I did were M. J.s . The pattern was fine, but it involved seaming ends to sides. I am not the seaming queen, so there were unsightly holes and bumps where the uppers joined the soles. Yesterday, I knit the first of Brightly Beaded Moccasins from this book. I skipped the colorwork and the beads. I really just wanted a pair of slippers that would stay on. The pattern wasn't hard, but again, it involved seaming, and picking up and knitting. I don't know why I suck so badly at these things, but I do. The slipper is too big, and the seams could be a little less bulky. Once I stop pouting, I'll rip it out and re-knit it smaller. But not right now. Later. When I'm over it.

I'm mostly cranky because I have Sylvi in my queue. I even have yarn for it. It requires seaming. If I were rich, I could hire someone to seam it for me. But alas...

No comments: